"Mom, sometimes I like to throw the blackberries at the white chickens." she said, "....it stains them."
"Janey!" I gasp in mock horror"....does it really?" Of course I didn't try it out, and even encouraged her not to pelt the chickens with blackberries.
This picture is better.
The kids love when I take them to the bus stop a little early. They play this game. They stand at the end of our drive way and when a car comes they race behind my van to hide. It is so fun in fact, that they plan it out during breakfast. It is fun for me to watch the drivers of the cars as they pass. Some are entertained, others (surprisingly) are annoyed, which just makes it funnier.
How, you may ask, are Kaze and Jeb doing all day by themselves. Well, Kaze is learning to hold her own. This is Jeb trying to give her a kiss. She is pushing him away. And no, she can't walk or stand. She is using Jeb for support, hope he doesn't move.
She finally allows him a kiss, or she at least gets one. She doesn't seem to mind though.
Jeb has been funny. Anyone who has spent time with Jeb knows he loves T.V. Since Janey and Seth have been gone all day, he never asks to watch. Instead, he plays with the toys he is usually told by Seth that he can't play with or he plays in their fort outside he is usually band from. In fact, by the end of a busy day where he has had time to rip many things apart I am almost begging him to watch T.V. (j/k- I'd never have to beg)
I still feel like Janey and Seth are gone too long, but since they love their teachers and are enjoying school so much- it does make it easier. Jeb, misses them but plays "fat morroners" by himself. (translation- "transformers") It has always made me laugh to hear kids at play, whether by themselves or in a group. I love when they play pretend.
As I mentioned, Brett is getting ready for his big hunt, and I am getting ready for a trip to Utah to see Mandi and everyone there. Mandi will be in Utah for her birthday, so it will be so fun to visit with everyone! I can hardly wait!!
5 comments:
What truly adorable kids! I love that Kaze is grinning the whole time Jeb is trying to get her. What a cute little family!
Your kids are so cute Mary! Funny embarrasing story too, by the way. You crack me up!
Do you remember Brittany from walk-in's? She has a blog now too. You can find it on my side bar if you want.
I am laughing so hard about the chickens being pelted by the blackberries. How funny is that!!! Your kids sound so funny. They must have their mothers sense of humor. What a homemaker you are to be making fruit leather! I just go to Costco and buy it. I just canned my first 6 quarts of tomatoes. I mean first ever! I am so pround of these 6 quarts, I may try canning something else. It wasn't quite as hard as i thought it would be. We'll see how brave I get!!
cute kids! And I got a good laugh out of the blackberry pelted chickens--she's not like her mom or anything is she?? :}
They look so cute. I love Janeys outfit. I love the blackberry story. I love the things kids come up with to do. Very funny. I will try to do that tag soon. There are a lot of questions! I'm glad we can keep in touch now. It is fun!
Post a Comment