So today's post is just a bunch of little things that happened this week, and things that were said.
We went to Janey's back to school night. I was in a hurry to get there look around and go home. I had all the kids load and buckle themselves up, but then when we got to the school I found that Jeb didn't have on shoes, and Janey still wore her dinner. I couldn't do anything about Jeb's problem but I ushered Janey over to the sink and washed her face. After being there for 45 minutes, I turned to the kids and told them it was time to leave. Janey pouted, and said we had to stay much longer. After trying to keep up with her and losing Jeb in the processes, I put my foot down and after finding Jeb, we went home.
For some reason, none of my kids will use the pink dishes I once bought for Janey- not even Janey. Jeb throws an absolute fit. He flat out refuses to use pink anything. However, it didn't compare to the outrage he felt towards Janey when she pinned a High School Musical badge on him that he couldn't get off. Luckily, I was able to remove it for him.
We were at WalMart and Seth and Jeb are huge chocolate milk fans. They both said, "Mom, can we please have chocolate milk?"
I reached down and put it into the cart. Jeb looked up at me and in his sweetest voice asked, "Mom, can I kiss you?"
We were on our way to Diane's home (Brett's sister), when Seth asked, "Mom, are you done laying?" (Laying?- did I just get compared to a hen?) "Or are you going to lay again?" he finished his question.
"I think I'm done," I told him.
It reminded me of when he asked about nursing and when I finished explaining, he said, "So you're kind of like a cow?"
"Yes! just like a cow!" of course, when your baby is only a few days old that is exactly what you feel like in more ways then one.
I was doing Janey's hair for school, when she flexed. She giggled and then did it again. "Wow," she said, "I haven't seen those in a while, they're pretty tough!" I nodded and held back my smile. "My arms don't even look like they belong on my body, do they?" She said again obviously impressed with herself.
"Yes, you are very muscular." I finally said when I was sure I wouldn't laugh.
"I bet you're glad you're starting to get some muscle back." she finished. Suddenly it wasn't hard to keep a straight face when I answered, "yes."
Side note: Well as many of you know, Brett was on his big Elk hunt and my week without him was busy and full. I'm very glad to have him home. We all missed him a ton! I will hopefully have pictures of his hunt to share tomorrow. No, he didn't get anything.
I already re-capped some of my high lights from the week, but my favorite for me and the kids was last night. We all went up to Diane's house. Diane and I went to Women's conference together while her husband and sons watched my kids. Thank you for that!! It was very enjoyable listening to the speakers and knowing my kids were well cared for. After, we did a little shopping then came back to their home and ate while we talked about the movie we planned to watch. That was, of course, until Diane realized I brought only the case. I left the DVD at home. The movie was a clean, sweet romantic movie which I would recommend to anyone called The Christmas Card. However, I am the first to admit, I like a little sappy- very Hallmark style type movies. I even re watched the two kissing senses. Diane and I were very disappointed, her boys...not so much.
It was a fun night of talking, and watching a movie. We slept over and came home today in time for church. When we pulled in the drive way from church......duudaataaa.... Brett was HOME! A great day got even Better!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had quite an adventure while you were with the kids by yourself. you should have Brett do that some time.*grin*
Yeah, like when I go to Utah next month and leave him with the kids? ha ha
Post a Comment