Kaze's new talent. It doen't go with this entry, but I still wanted to post it.
Have you ever watched a movie where it made you want to get up and dance? That was the case last night. First I need to go back and explain.
I have started a chart that keeps track of my kid's good and bad behavior. They get a Check Mark if They disobey, or have to be told more then twice to do something (we are working down to being told once.) They agreed to the terms, and deemed them doable. They are rewarded with Stars if they go above and beyond their normal responsibilities, such as doing the dishes when it's not their turn, or cleaning a room without being asked. Once they are asked to do it, it doesn't count towards earning a star, but if they don't obey could result in a check mark- you get the idea. It is quiet ingenious of me really. Though I can't take all the credit, I use to do it with Janey and she's the one to suggest it again. It has worked like a charm with all my kids except Jeb, of course. He tends to not concern himself with such things. He was pretty excited when he earned himself a star though. He kept saying how stars liked him, but check marks don't.
Among one of the rewards stars can give, others being treats, extra time staying up, and erasing check marks if you earn 3 stars, they can also earn them one movie. They rarely watch movies especially on a school night, but I have to admit I pushed for this one because it was a show I wanted to watch. My movie interests boarder pre-teen. It was Disney's Another Cinderella Story. It was very cute and made us want to dance, all except Jeb, of course. As we are dancing around the room and having fun, Jeb is walking with a book and hitting us saying, "NO DANCING! NO DANCING!" He was quiet upset about the whole thing, that we stopped (however we couldn't stop laughing).
I just went and checked on Kaze and Jeb. Jeb is so use to getting into something he's not suppose to, I just catch him sneaking carrots-ha ha.
Anyway, At the end of a week if they don't have 3 check marks they will earn a prize they have already picked out. Seth wants a toy gun, Janey wants those barbie heads to practice hair, and Jeb wanted a batman costume. I say wanted because I highly doubt he'll earn it. He'd be better off just asking for it for Christmas.
Well despite my best efforts, we have two new additions to our animal family. Actually, I am pretty excited. Yesterday I looked out the window to find 2 baby chicks. They are so cute! I had no idea a hen was even brooding. It's so fun to see them with their mom.
3 comments:
Kaxe is so cute. I love her face and those eyes! I am just like you when it comes to movies. I am glad I have Brittney so I have an excuse to watch them!
Jeb is a funny kid... "No Dancing" haha
That's a great idea of a chart. I want to do the same thing for my boys. Can you do me a HUGE favor and take a picture of your chart and email it to me? I'm too lazy and non-creative to figure one out myself. I need your help! :) Thanks cutie! :)
My email is pamperedkami@yahoo.com
Post a Comment