I just got home from the gym, and feel pretty stupid. As most of you know, I am no debater. I do not have a gift, as some do, to use words to my advantage. I am lucky to get my point across without being put on the spot. Even if I do know what to say, I rarely know how to word it or worse, how to pronounce it.
Today while exercising on the stationary bike, the guy next to me said, "Now that's my worst nightmare!" I looked up and saw that there were three Gorge Bush's on the three T.V. screens.
I answered, since he was talking to me, "Really, I like him. Now if it were Obama then I'd know what you mean."
Boy, was that opening a can. He asked me questions and I gave answers, of course, not as intelligently as I would have liked to. He admitted to being a debater, and I thought, oh where is Brett when I need him. I am so not a debater. I hate confrontation. As you can guess I didn't do too well. I ended the conversation with, "Thank you for your thoughts, I will have to go home and read up on some of the things you spoke of." I had also said, I disagree with things being done now and that even though I'm not happy with the way things are headed right now for our Nation, that I still love our Nation and think Bush seem like a good guy. We agreed to disagree.
When I mentioned I was from Utah that seemed to trigger another round of questions, in which I didn't embarrass myself and for that I can at least be proud.
My thoughts when he was walking off in puffed up pride at winning this debate was, 1) never again. and 2) He was a nice man who has been led astray from the truth about our declining Nation, but gifted with the words and memory to pull off a victorious win to a girl who can barley speak English, so he has nothing really to gloat over. If you are an Obama fan, sorry, but I am not.
Enough of that, my mind has already been worked too hard on serious conversation. Later, I will post the few scenic pictures of beautiful Idaho that Brett took while up hunting.
5 comments:
And that, beautiful Mary, is why I love you so much! If I were skinnier, prettier, had better hair and 1 less kid, I could be you! I love how you can laugh at yourself and in turn, allow me to look at myself and my faults and find the humor! Love you girl! Oh, and I'm coming over tomorrow so you can do Drie's hair for school pics...
WAIT. I'M NOT MIKE!!! This is BECKI! He must have signed onto my computer and I didn't even check! That probably looks really bad! Oh my!!! Ok, let's just find the humor!
Becki-
You crack me up! I would have realized right off, it wasn't Mike.
Thanks for the super nice message!
I SO know what you mean. I seem to get a lot of people asking me about American politics here, and I do the best I can, but seriously, I'm not that great at it. I let my emotions rule me, and then my logic is out the window. So, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Maybe it's genetic. Is it from Mom or Dad??
MOM!
Post a Comment