Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Just say NO

On the way to church yesterday, my kids were asking me if we could have another cat. "We need a girl cat, so we can have kittens." they said.
It took me back to when my cousin (Mattie Morley, Pat's daughter) was visiting:
Mattie stood on the lawn looking from the horse to the goats to the sheep to the chickens to the cat and the dog and settled her gaze on me. "Do you love animals or something?" she asked
"Not really, it's more my husband who is the animal lover." I answered her.
She looked around again, this time with a shake of her head and said, "You need to learn to say No."
With that to encourage me, I turned to my kids and said, "I don't think we will be getting a second cat anytime soon."

Two Saturdays ago we had a Elder's party at our house. Here are a few pictures that I took durning it, and failed to post. It was a lot of fun.




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Mary I absolutely LOVE you! Your BLOG is so entertaining and I love reading it. I usually read a few days at a time and I am laughing at every entry. I miss you and would love to see you!! I am proud of you saying "NO" to another cat. LOL Oh when I read the entry about the car keys in the van, I was like... yep that's Mary! You're the greatest!! Tell Brett hello and hopefully you remember the lipstick tomorrow!! :)